Through the Employee onboarding & management features, you can onboard, track and manage your employees. Everything offered in this package will be enabled by default for your account at no added cost. To view, deactivate or reactivate features, navigate to the Feature summary page.
As an HR Admin, you can refer to this guide when implementing Employee onboarding & management or reviewing the related account settings.
During your implementation, you will have to configure your settings, templates, and workflows, add employees, and start the onboarding process.
Step 1: Configuration
- Configure your entities, templates, and workflows in the order they appear in the below list.
Employee Management Settings Company Entities
Useful for companies that operate in different regions and have multiple legal entities.
Employee profile templates
Add, edit and organize the sections of your default template or create custom templates to accommodate specific profile needs.
Document templates will be used to create documents that need to be completed (eg. forms) and/or signed by your employees (during onboarding or employment).Note: If a document requires signing during onboarding, add it to your onboarding workflow as a 'Sign a document' task.
Customize workflows for new hires and collect their information or signatures before their first day for a seamless onboarding experience.
Step 2: Add employees
- ❗To prevent any issues when testing the features, make sure you manually add yourself as an employee (with the same work email used in Workable) and publish your profile. When adding new employees, you have three options:
Add employees Add manually
Fill in the fields you know in order to create a draft profile with the minimum required information.
Import hired candidates
Import the candidates you moved to the Hired stage to automatically retrieve information from their candidate profile.
Note: Hired candidates pending to be imported will be those that have been hired up to 2 weeks prior to the activation of the onboard & manage features.
Import from CSV
Import your new or existing employees from a CSV file, in order to create their employee profiles in bulk, without having to do it manually and one by one.
Step 3: Onboard employees
Onboarding Start onboarding
Start onboarding your new hires from their employee profile or the onboarding dashboard. Note: Their start date should be after two days or later from today’s date.
The new hire receives their own onboarding portal with any information they need to provide and any documents they need to fill in or sign.
Track the progress of your employee onboarding
Track the progress, edit, or stop onboarding for your employees.
Step 4: Invite employees to Workable
- Once an employee is hired and onboarded it's time to invite them to be a member of Workable to access their profile. Note that:
- You need to be a Super Admin (“All access” permission for both Employee Management and Recruiting) to invite new members.
- The employee profile should be published (and not draft).
Invite employees Invite employees individually
Invite a new employee manually (with their business email) to your Workable account
Allow anyone with an email address that matches your company's web address to join your Workable account as a Standard member without an invitation.
💡More to explore:
- Organize company files
- Request e-signatures from employees
- Employee Offboarding
- Compare Employee Management permissions
- HR admin FAQs
- Employee reports
👥 User guides:
📚 Academy Course:
- Employee Onboarding & Management Course for self-paced learning
▶️ Walkthrough Videos
👉 Next steps: Once you've built your employee directory and invited your employees to Workable, you can begin setting up Time off management features.