When setting up the Google Suite (mail/calendar) integration, Workable will request to connect to your Gmail account. This is required so that conversations and events can be synced between Workable and Gmail.
Each user in a Workable account needs to grant access to use the integration. The level of access that is required for the integration to work is known as a "gmail.modify" scope for email access and a "calendar" scope for calendar access. These access settings are options that Google makes available to companies (like Workable) so that they can integrate with Gmail.
Workable uses these permissions to:
- Import past communication with a candidate from Gmail to Workable
- Add emails sent from Workable directly to your Sent folder in Gmail
- Show coworkers' availability for scheduling
- Enable self-scheduling for candidates
- Add rooms to events
- Add a Google Meet link to events