Workable determines duplicate candidates by email on a job basis and not generally for the entire account.
Duplicate applications for the same job
When a candidate applies for a job, a candidate profile is created in your account for that specific job. This profile is based on the email address used for the application. Candidates might apply more than once for the same role using the same email address but there are several scenarios that can occur depending on the candidate's status.
|Candidate reapplies for the same job with the same email and hasn't been engaged (e.g. moved, commented, emailed, etc.)||
1. Their application details will be updated; the new application automatically overwrites the previous one.
2. They'll receive an application confirmation email with an extra message notifying them that they already applied.
|Candidate reapplied for the same job with the same email and has been engaged (e.g. moved, commented, emailed, etc.)||
1. Their application details will not be updated.
2. They won't receive an application confirmation email.
|Candidate has been uploaded and later applies for the same job with the same email||
1. Instead of an application confirmation email, they receive a “Verify your application to [company name]” email with a button to confirm.
2. Once they verify their application any new information will be merged into the original sourced candidate profile.
3. Candidates uploaded to the Sourced stage will be moved to the Applied stage, while those in other stages will remain in their current stage.
4. If the uploaded candidate was disqualified they will be automatically moved back to the Qualified tab.
|Candidate is referred, and later applies for the same job with the same email||
They are treated as duplicate sourced candidates according to the above scenario.
They receive a confirmation on screen that their application has been submitted successfully, and an email to verify their application (even if there has been activity on their timelines).
If the candidate applies and is later referred check here.
Multiple applications for different jobs
Candidates may apply for multiple jobs at your company or be sourced for different jobs over time. For each job that a candidate is in consideration for, a unique candidate profile will be created based on the candidate's email address.
If a candidate applies for Job A and Job B, they will have two profiles in your account - one for each job. Any interaction with the candidate will be unique on each profile. For example, when you leave an evaluation for a candidate in Job A, nothing will update in Job B.
Instead, candidate profiles will be linked at the bottom of the Timeline, provided that the candidate has used the same email address for all applications.
See which jobs a candidate is also being considered for and jump straight to those profiles by clicking the job title.
Although merging candidate profiles is not supported you can explore the following alternatives: