If you are participating in our beta program for the new candidate database check this page.
To search your candidate database, enter multiple keywords in the search bar at the top of your Workable account.
Workable will scan your entire candidate database and return candidates ranked by relevance - this can include archived, disqualified and snoozed candidates.
Searches will return results if the keywords used are in any portion of the "Candidate Profile". For example, the resume file, work experience, skills, application form questions, and so on.
Note: The system doesn't search through comments and custom fields.
When you open a candidate's profile from the search results you’ll see your search terms highlighted where they appear in the candidate's profile.
Using search modifiers
- By default, searches return results based on each individual word searched. E.g. A search for software engineer will yield results for candidates with “software” or “engineer” in their profiles.
- Using quotation marks will yield results for that exact phrase. E.g. "software engineer" will yield results that include that complete term.
- A plus sign (+) can be used between search terms to ensure all terms are included in the results. E.g. java + php would ensure that all results include both terms, not just one or the other.
Search by application form answer results in the following ways:
- Number: Search for the complete question and answer in quotes, e.g. "How much notice do you need for your current position (in weeks)? 2"
- Yes/No: Search for the text of the question in quotes (only yields candidates who responded "Yes")
- Multiple choice: Search for the selected answer in quotes
- Paragraph: Search for a phrase in the answer in quotes
Filtering your search
Use filters from the panels on the left, like position, stage, consideration, application date or tags.
In this example, we've searched for candidates with the words "software engineer" in their profile. We've filtered to only see candidates who are in our Lead UI Designer job.