Joining a client's Workable account
If a client you're recruiting for uses Workable, they'll invite you to collaborate in Workable as an External Recruiter in order to upload resumes and track candidates' progress.
You’ll receive an invitation email that contains the details of the job you're recruiting for. If it's the first time you are using Workable, the email will include a unique link that you should use to sign up and access your account:
Once you join the account, you’ll be logged in to Workable and will be able to upload candidates straight into the platform.
When you log in to Workable, the first screen you’ll see is the dashboard, giving you access to your clients' jobs.
You can upload candidates into jobs on the main dashboard and only under the Applied and Sourced stages of the job pipeline. This will create a candidate profile in Workable, which you and your client can collaborate on.
✅ Resume uploading best practices
- We recommend that you include the candidate's name in the uploaded resume. This will help your client verify that the candidate hasn't already been submitted or applied.
- If you include email addresses in the uploaded resume, make sure to include only the email that you use to log in to Workable or the candidate's email.
- Do not include a generic email address for your agency/firm.
- Do not submit resumes by filling out the Workable application form, as this process has been created for direct applicants only. You won't be credited as the candidate's source and won't be able to collaborate on the candidate's profile in Workable.
- Do not upload/attach files that are not resumes (e.g. cover letters). Instead, once the candidate is uploaded, you can attach extra files or include additional information as a comment in the candidate’s timeline.
There are two ways you can submit candidates to your client’s jobs:
Upload candidates directly in Workable
From the main dashboard, locate the job you want to submit candidates for and:
- Click on the three dots menu to the top right of each job pipeline, and select Upload Candidates from the dropdown menu.
- Select your file(s) using your computer’s file browser, or drag and drop several resumes from your computer into the “Drag & Drop” window to upload them in bulk.
- Expand the 'Add details' section to add tags or comments
- Once ready, click Add to Sourced (or Applied)
Upload via email
Simply reply to the invitation email with the candidates' resumes attached. If you need to add several candidates to your client's account, you can attach multiple resumes to your reply.
If you need to add individual comments about each candidate, we suggest attaching one resume per email and including your notes in the body of each email. This way, the notes will be added to the candidate’s profile and be visible to your client.
You can reply to the invitation email as many times as you need as long as your client's job in Workable remains active (published or internal). Workable will recognize .pdf, .rtf, .odt, .html, .doc or .docx resume files.
Interacting with candidates
After uploading a candidate, you can collaborate with your client. Your client will be able to see all the candidates you upload and all of your interactions with candidates. Click on the Sourced stage to interact with newly uploaded candidates:
If the candidate has moved forward in the hiring process, they can be in one of the following stages of the pipeline.
When viewing a candidate, you'll see options to interact with them at the top of their profile.
Send emails and schedule events with the candidate. Reply back to comments, or mention another colleague by typing '@' and the name of the person you wish to notify along with your comment.
Before taking action with a candidate, it may be important to check in with your client as they will be notified of any actions you perform.
If you are a new user: